6. Configuring Remaster Launcher
This tutorial will guide you through the steps to configure Remaster Launcher.
- 1.Double-click the Remaster Launcher shortcut on your desktop to start the launcher.
- 2.Click Yes when the dialogue Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device? pops up.
- 3.Navigate to the Play tab.
- 4.Make sure the 4GB Ram Patch option is disabled under the Launch-Settings section. [See Step 4 Info]
- 5.Navigate to the Settings tab.
- 6.Make sure options like Unlock FPS (allows 120HZ), Widescreen Fix, HUD-Fix, Blood Patch and Reshade are enabled under the General section. Do NOT touch the resolution settings yet!
- 7.Navigate to the Help tab.
- 8.Check whether the debug message appears as follows: Game version: v1.51 OK! bf2142.exe: Not v1.51 or cracked. bf2142_4gb.exe: Missing! Patch first. Profile: (anything is fine) RendDX9.dll: Wrong file version! RendDX9_ori.dll: OK!
- 9.Navigate to the Play tab.
- 10.Click the button Start Game! to start the game for the first time.
- 11.Once the login screen appears, click the x button in the upper right-hand corner to close the game. [See Step 11 Info]
- 12.Repeat Steps 1 - 2.
- 13.Navigate to the Help tab.
- 14.Check whether the bug message contains the following line: Profile: Found, delete if stuck with a black screen.
- 15.Navigate to the Settings tab.
- 16.Configure the Resolution from the drop-down menu under the General section. [See Step 16 Info]
- 17.Close the launcher.
Step 4: Battlefield 2142 is a 32-bit game so it can at most utilise 4GB of RAM. But better than not, the 4GB RAM Patch avoids your game from crashing from time to time due to memory overthrow. We have to disable the option here because the OpenSpy patch from BF2142 Hub already includes that fix by default.
Step 11: We take this enter-and-exit step to force the game to create the default profiles in your Documents folder at C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Battlefield 2142\. It may take a while for the game to start so you should expect a few seconds of black screen before the intro comes up. If you're running the game in full-screen mode, you will probably see your black screen blinking or resizing for a few seconds before something shows up. That's normal and you will get used to it someday.
Step 16: The resolution here only applies to the game before the logins. We will configure the in-game resolution after creating accounts.
- 1.If you want to play an unmodded vanilla game or to join an unmodded vanilla server, simply uncheck everything under the Launch-Settings section of the Play tab and under the General section of the Settings tab before launching the game.
- 2.Vanilla weapons (Project_Remaster_v14_vanilla_weapons) is a mini-mod of Project Remaster. You may check this option if you want to play a Project Remaster game with weapons or gadgets having their vanilla stats (damage, recoil, rate of fire, amount of ammo, etc.).
- 3.The Play Offline tab is a portal to launch the Offline Single-player mini-mod. It's a derivative of the main mod that bypasses the master server while having the customization feature disabled.
- 4.You can configure the Reshade overlay in-game using the shortcut Shift+F2. You may turn off the LUT while playing some of the maps if it's causing problems (i.e., graphics glitch) for you.