3. Installing Project Remaster
This tutorial will guide you through the steps to install Project Remaster.
Installation of PR is completely optional but is highly recommended. PR is a basically a must-have enhancement if you wish to enjoy the game in 2020s standard. Our tutorial will as well be heavily based on PR, so it's better to stick with us if you're new to the game or modding. Only skip this if you know what you're doing.
Project Remaster (a.k.a. PR) is a high-quality enhancement modification for Battlefield 2142.
It aims to remaster this 15-year-old game for a complete 2020+ experience by introducing high-quality textures, realistic animations and new weapons into the game engine.
The mod was developed and maintained by a modding group called Project Remaster Team. You may join their discord server to receive support and the latest updates about their project.
If you already have an older version of the mod installed, you must uninstall it first, including removing leftover files in the mod folder, before attempting to install the new version.
- 1.Download project_remaster_v14_setup_BETA13.exe.
- 2.Double-click to run the installer. It may take a while before something shows up.
- 3.Click Yes when the dialogue Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device? pops up.
- 4.Click More Info and then Run Anyway if the dialogue Windows Protected Your PC (Windows Defender SmartScreen) pops up.
- 5.Follow the wizard instructions to complete the installation. [See Remarks]
- 6.When the installation completes, uncheck the option Open README and Start Remaster Launcher.
Step 5: You're advised to select the option English language (HD Fonts) when you see the prompt message Please select the language that the game should run in. You should also locate the game folder to the correct path in the installer, i.e., /Battlefield 2142/ folder.
You will have four folders in your /Battlefield 2142/mods/ folder once the installation is completed, each of which represents a variant of bf2142 mods.
- 1.bf2142 is the vanilla base game.
- 2.Project_Remaster_v14 is the main-mod folder. It contains the complete mod (textures, models, maps etc.) and will be used for hosting your multi-player / single-player game.
- 3.Project_Remaster_v14_offline is a mini-mod for offline single-player. • It works without an internet connection. • The customization screen will not work. • You have pre-defined soldier load-outs and kit load-outs with some fixed unlocks. • Loot dead bots' backpacks to use other load-outs.
- 4.Project_Remaster_v14_vanilla_weapons is a mini-mod with all weapons and gadgets having their vanilla stats (damage, recoil, rate of fire, amount of ammo etc.). It also removes the new 4th primary rifles from the soldiers. Animations, however, stay the same as in the main mod.
- Features a lot of improvements on textures, sounds, 3D models and animations.
- Supports 4K resolution and 120Hz / 144Hz framerates.
- Supports widescreen with real 16:9 HUD.
- Supports Reshade overlay.
- Improves the drag-and-drop customization screen.
- Improves the Coop mode with better bot AI and more maps.
- Adds the 4th primary rifle slot to each soldier class with a new weapon in it.
- Comes with a launcher and debugging tools.