1. Installing Base Game
This tutorial will guide you through the steps to install the base game.
if you're using our preferred setup (i.e., primary download), an older version of the game will be installed onto your computer. You will then have to follow the instructions on the next page to fully update the game from
v1.01all the way up to
- 1.Download Setup.rar.
- 2.Create a new folder on your desktop. Open Setup.rar.
- 3.Drag and drop all the items from the .rar into the new folder.
- 4.Look for setup.exe in the folder. Double-click to run the installer.
- 5.Click Yes when the dialogue Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? pops up.
- 6.Follow the wizard instructions to complete the installation. [See Remarks] You may refer to the special remarks below for more in-depth guidance throughout the process.
- 7.When the installation completes, uncheck the option View the README file and Create desktop shortcuts.
Buy Used Copies in Amazon
This setup is extracted directly from a physical copy (i.e., game disc) published by EA Taiwan back in 2005. The special Standard Edition contains the following locales:
English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Russian
Given that the setup only holds an early version (i.e.,
v1.01) of the game, you will have to follow the instructions on the next page to have the game patched to the latest version.
If you're new and you don't know what we're doing here, we suggest always sticking to the primary download resources as they're the major references throughout our tutorials.
If you have concerns about the sources we provide, try installing an AntiVirus in advance or downloading the base game from other sources. It is important that you feel comfortable with what you're doing here.
This is not really a legit way to download the game.
I know, you know, we all know that, but this is becoming the only option left to get the game nowadays apart from buying an old second-hand copy from Amazon that doesn't allow you to log in anymore.
Setup.rar (Google Drive, 3.2 GB)
Setup.rar (Mediafire, 3.2 GB)
Source: GetBF2142.net [Last Checked on 11 Dec 2022]
The resources in this section are already patched to the latest version (i.e.,
However, the files and sources here haven't been tested by us, so use them at your own risk.
If you choose to download the game from the following links, you may skip the instructions on the next page about patching the game to
v1.51. However, the cd keys listed in the remarks section below are for Standard Edition only and will not work properly for the Deluxe Edition here. If there're no relevant instructions inside the given .zip, you may search in Google BF2142 Deluxe Edition Keys to apply the correct keys.
If you're new and you don't know what we're doing here, we suggest always sticking to the primary download resources as they are the major references throughout our tutorials.
If you have concerns about the sources we provide, try installing an AntiVirus in advance or downloading the base game from other sources. It's important that you feel comfortable with what you're doing here.
This is not really a legit way to download the game.
I know, you know, we all know that. But this is becoming the only option left to get the game nowadays apart from buying an old second-hand copy from Amazon that doesn't allow you to log in anymore.
BF2142_Novgames.zip (Yandex, 2.4 GB)
2142nov.rar (Google Drive, 4.9 GB)
(Unzip Password: bettercallsaul)
The only way to obtain the game legally is to buy a used (i.e., second-hand) copy.
A used copy usually means the product key is already activated or expired.
For that very reason, we don't really recommend buying a second-hand copy, especially after the game's shutdown in 2013.
But you can still buy one if you want to at least show some support to the original buyer, or simply because of nostalgia.
Nostalgia is a good reason though. Many of our core members do have a physical copy just because we love the game very much. Some of us even got the disc in 2005.
As we always say, we are real Battlefield lovers, and that's why we made this website.
- 1.If you see the prompt 選擇安裝語言 (English: Select Localisation) -> 從下列選項中選擇安裝語言 (English: Select a language from the list), refer to the following list, which is ordered exactly according to the drop-down menu from the installer, to select a language.
- 中文 (繁體) -> Chinese Traditional
- 丹麥語 -> Danish
- 日語 -> Japanese
- 西班牙語 -> Spanish
- 法語 (標準) -> French (Standard)
- 波蘭語 -> Polish
- 芬蘭語 -> Finnish
- 俄語 -> Russian
- 英語 -> English [Preferred]
- 捷克語 -> Czech
- 荷蘭語 -> Dutch
- 瑞典語 -> Swedish
- 意大利語 -> Italiano
- 德語 -> German
- 2.If you see the popup This game has only been tested on WinXP(32bit), feel safe to ignore this warning as the game works perfectly on all Windows platforms starting from Windows XP and onwards.
- 3.When you're asked to input the key by the wizard, simply pick any one of these cd keys to pass through the prompt. The keys are applicable to primary downloads only. Standard Edition
- 4.You're strongly advised to install the game to the default path (i.e., C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142), but it's also fine if you install it in another location.
- 5.You're strongly advised to install the English version of the game if you want to take advantage of the HD English fonts from Project Remaster (i.e., mod) that we're going to install later.
- 6.BattleCammo is a VoIP service that allows you to voice chat in-game. Believe it or not, you won't be using it that much. You may simply skip configuring it by clicking the Cancel button.
- 7.GameSpy Comrade is a community gaming application providing functions like friends, stats, and instant messaging. However, it no longer works due to GameSpy's shutdown in 2013. You may therefore skip installing it by clicking the No, install GameSpy Comrade later button.
- 8.EA Master Server no longer exists due to GameSpy's shutdown in 2013. Click REGISTER LATER to skip registering an EA account.
OS: Windows XP or above, Administrator Access
CPU: 1.7 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP / Sempron or above
RAM: 512 MB or above
Disk Space: 2.2GB or above
Display Card: ATI Radeon 9500 / NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or above
Resolution: 800 x 600 16 bits colour or above